Dear Ms Campopiano,
When describing what is “going on” at St. Isabel Parish on Sanibel, I’m told you should write to the Diocese. Believe me, I have but apparently to deaf ears. Perhaps YOU are the person to communicate with regarding the “police state” we have become within the past 8 months. I’m sure you are aware of the Bishops removal of Fr. Christopher Senk from his parish on Oct 28, 2016. Since that time, Khristy Scheer has assumed total power and control of EVERYTHING that goes on. The fill-in priest is like a little puppet in her hands and the office staff are at her mercy just to keep their jobs. These are just a few of the things that have transpired:
- The Women’s Guild no longer has access to the Church Hall or their storage closet without Khristy’s approval and someone to accompany them while they are using the closet. Of course it is under lock and key as is everything else.
- The Hall kitchen may not be used for cooking anything and only entered, even to return laundered table linens, without Khristy’s approval. If she happens to be away, sorry, you are out of luck as the staff has no authority to open the hall.
- The maintenance man may not assist in getting the hall set up, i.e. getting tables and chairs out of storage, etc. without Khristy’s approval.
- Use of the microphone is no longer permitted.
- One of the staff was ordered to go into the parking lot and take photos of the car license plates when a finance committee meeting and our regular prayer meeting was being held. Not joking! For what purpose? Who’s directions was she working under?
- All locks have been changed. The organist who has been contributing his services for years, was not issued a key to the church so he cannot get into the church for practice.
- Security cameras are being installed throughout the parking lot, and every nook and cranny.
These are just what comes to mind at the moment. Any contact with the office has been unpleasant to say the least. Our Women’s Guild has, over the years, been responsible for many “community” building events…funeral lunches, pot luck dinners, brunches, parties, boat rides, etc. We are determined to continue with our efforts but with great dread of getting permission for every single thing.
It is public knowledge that Khristy has taken 3 months away every summer, with full pay. I don’t know if the diocese is aware of that. She carries out her “responsibilities” by phone and mail.
I truly wonder if this is how her job description is worded…”You will have total control of the entire campus, staff, parishioners and priest.” Does she not have someone to whom she must answer and/or ask permission for making such sweeping decisions affecting us all? Many of these decisions would ordinarily made by the Pastor. One wonders if she perceives herself in the role of the Pastor. It appears she is making costly decisions without consulting anyone. She CAN do that but MAY she? She is, in fact, doing that.
Thank you in advance for your attention to these concerns. I would greatly appreciate a response. If you have any questions I would be available.
4 thoughts on “WHAT IS GOING ON AT SAINT ISABEL CATHOLIC CHURCH”
YES SHIRLEY,I HAVE A RESPONSE!
A FRIEND AT A LOCAL CATHOLIC CHURCH WAS SWORN TO SECRECY;HOWEVER HE WAS ABLE TO TELL ME ,THEY WERE AFRAID THEIR CHURCH WOULD BE CLOSED,BY NONE OTHER THAN BISHOP DEWANE;THEY DECLARED THE PROPERTY SACRED GROUNDS,SINCE CREMATED REMAINS ARE BURIED THERE;THE BISHOP THEN BUILT ANOTHER CHURCH LESS THAN 10 MILES AWAY FOR ELEVEN (11) MILLION DOLLARS;HE BUSSED WORKERS FROM VENICE,SARASOTA,BRADENTON TO WORK;RATHER THAN EMPLOY LOCAL WORKERS,THAT WOULD IMPACT OUR ECONOMY;NOW I HAD THE PRIVLEGE OF MEETING SAINT JOHN PAUL 11 IN 2001;I MADE SOME VATICAN CONTACTS,HOWEVER I FOUND OUT SUNDAY,THAT THE CASE WAS NOT SENT TO ROME;BUT REMAINS HERE;IN OCTOBER OF 2015;FOUR (4) PRIESTS,INCLUDING FATHER CHRIS ,SIGNED A LETTER COMPLAING OF THE BISHOPS HEAVY HANDINESS;AROGANCE;SWEARING,BULLYING;ETC.THE NAMES WERE TO REMAIN CONFIDENTAL,BUT WERE RELEASED;THIS ISSUE WITH FATHER CHRIS (IN MY OPINON) HAS LITTLE TO DO WITH THE COMPLAINT MADE AGAINST HIM;AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THAT LETTER;HENCE REVENGE IS THE MOTIVE
IF I CAN BE OF ANY ASSISTANCE WITH ROME,PLEASE E MAIL ME AT firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call me at (239) 677-7771
JOHN J DALTON,JR
Shirley, I wish I had the answers but I don’t.The things you listed are frustrating to all of us. My suggestion address this letter to the Chancellor at the Diocese.He is Dr.Volodymyr Smeryk,M.A.,J.C.D.,J.D.
Can all of this information be sent to Rome to be included in decisions regarding Fr Chris.
Just finished reading about Pope Francis and his dealing finally with pedophile priests…in high levels!!!
I pray our Pope is not kept in the dark about this abuse by bishop Dewane.
no,it cant;i thought it had been sent to ROME;on sunday I found out it is still being handled by bishop dewane