Prayers of the Faithful, 16th Sunday Ordinary Time, 2017
Confident that our all-powerful God responds to us with mercy and kindness, we offer our prayers and petitions.
- For the Church, that all people may joyfully receive the seeds of faith and grow amidst the weeds of this world.
- That world leaders may use their power as a source of justice for all whom they serve.
- That the hearts of the powerful in the Middle East, the Philippines, Africa and all nations may be turned to God’s will such that those who are oppressed may find hope.
- That the Congregation for the Clergy may recognize that although it is the master of might, it must judge with clemency and kindness, giving hope to Fr. Christopher, all clergy, and the entire Church.
- That we may know, as our parish bulletin proclaims, that the influence of evil can never defeat the power of our faith, unless we let it do so.
- That the lives of the victims of human trafficking in Texas and of all those who are hungry and lack decent shelter may be valued and cared for.
- That the sick and suffering may receive God’s strength knowing that He is merciful and gracious, abounding in kindness and fidelity.
- That all in our parish who are celebrating joyful events in their lives and the lives of their families may glorify God for his wondrous deeds.
- That memory of our deceased relatives and friends may inspire our lives toward goodness as we are confident in God’s love for them in heaven.
God of power and might, we offer these prayers to you knowing that you show your mastery over all things by being lenient, merciful, good, and forgiving to all who approach you in faith. We pray with hope through Christ our Lord. Amen.