17th Sunday of Ordinary Time, July 30, 2017
As Solomon sought an understanding heart, we approach God with our prayers and petitions in search of God’s wisdom.
- For the Church, that we may proclaim by word and action that Christ is the treasure who unceasingly enriches our lives.
- That world leaders may shun self-importance and recognize the treasure beyond price that exists in the people they serve.
- That the people of Venezuela, North Korea, and all who suffer from hunger and oppression may be sustained in their want by the treasure of faith in Jesus.
- That the Congregation for the Clergy may know the treasure that is Father Christopher’s priesthood and act purposefully, swiftly, and with joy to preserve this gift of God to his people.
- That in all our trials, we may be comforted by God’s kindness, and that his light may give understanding.
- That the lives of the unborn, of those with physical and mental impairments, and of the elderly may be treasured and cared for by all people.
- That those who are ill may be comforted and healed by the knowledge that all things work for good for those who love God.
- That our friends and family who celebrate any of God’s blessings may find joy in all they receive from God.
- That the deceased members of our parish, our deceased friends and relatives, and all whose lives have enriched us may exult in the joy of everlasting life in heaven.
God of of wisdom and generosity, your gifts are treasures indeed. Hear and answer the prayers for our needs and the needs of all that we offer through Christ our Lord. Amen.