Transfiguration, August 06, 2017
Attentive to the message of the Transfiguration showing Jesus to all people, we offer our prayers and petitions to the Father.
- For the Church, that we may always reveal Christ to the world, shining his light into the darkest of places.
- That on this anniversary of the dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, all world leaders will grow in their commitment to free the world from the threat of nuclear weapons.
- That Christians in the Middle East who suffer for their faith may receive rest from their struggles and be buoyed by their faith in the transfigured Son of God.
- That the Congregation for the Clergy may see through the darkness of the charges against Father Christopher and find the light of our transfigured Lord illuminating the gift of his priesthood.
- That we may be mindful of the Transfiguration in our lives that reveals Christ’s glory in all the darknesses that we encounter.
- That our baptisms may be the reason for our hope that inspires us to give off our light even in the most mundane or difficult moments throughout daily life.
- For all our parishioners and friends who are ill, and for those who care for them. That through the Transfiguration, they will know Jesus who is with them and brings them comfort and hope.
- That all who will celebrate special occasions of God’s blessings in their lives during the coming week may hear the voice of God and know that following his beloved Son pleases him.
- That our deceased relatives and friends, and all the deceased who have shed God’s light on this world and in our lives may know the goodness of being with God in the heights of heaven for all eternity.
All powerful God, you are all light, in you there is no darkness. May your light shine in all corners of the world so that people may live in the joy of your love. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.