24th Sunday of Ordinary Time, September 17, 2017
We ask God to look after those in need as we come before Him offering our prayers and petitions.
- For the Church, that we may be resolute in reaching out to those who suffer from the ravages of war, famine, and natural disasters. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders may know their obligation to serve God and promote peace in planning for the well-being of the people of their nations. We pray to the Lord.
- That all whose lives have been disrupted by Hurricane Irma may experience restoration as they overcome this disaster. We pray to the Lord.
- In thanksgiving for first responders and all who have made sacrifices and taken risks to assist those whose well-being was threatened by Irma. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may receive the grace to reject the hateful traits of wrath and anger and may experience the healing that accompanies forgiveness of the injustices of our neighbors. We pray to the Lord.
- That all who teach the word of God to our children may be blessed as faithful witnesses to the Gospel on this Catechetical Sunday. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may be consoled in knowledge that his work in facilitating the recovery of our parish from Hurricane Charley has built a community that will withstand all storms whether of human or natural origin. We pray to the Lord.
- For those whose illnesses have made dealing with Hurricane Irma particularly difficult, for all the sick, and for those who provide compassionate care to all who suffer. We pray to the Lord.
- For the deceased who loved St. Isabel Church and Sanibel Island in this life and who interceded on our behalf for protection during this storm, and for all our deceased family and friends. We pray to the Lord.
O God, may we be people of faith and forgiveness as we come together this day to offer our prayers of petition and celebrate the important elements of our lives that survive the daily challenges we face. We make our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.