25th Sunday of Ordinary Time, September 24, 2017
We ask God for his generosity in providing for our needs and in answering our prayers and petitions.
- That the church may always seek the Lord while he may be found, call him while he is near, and show his generosity to those who are least. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders may be renewed in their commitments to seek the well-being of their nations and of all people knowing that they are first only by the grace of God. We pray to the Lord.
- That natural disasters may not destroy the spirit and determination of their victims but may inspire all people to live with generosity and compassion. We pray to the Lord.
- In thanksgiving that our parish facility has been spared from damage by Hurricane Irma and with hope that this space will be loved, respected, and not subjected to desecration. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may never be envious of the generosity of God but may live seeking the grace to emulate that generosity. We pray to the Lord.
- That the cardinals who comprise the Congregation for the Clergy may forsake the ways of scoundrels and the thoughts of the wicked as they seek to carry out their duties with the mercy and forgiveness of God. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may know that the Lord is just in all is ways and near to all who call upon him in truth as he perseveres in his fight for his priesthood, for honesty, and for the welfare of the people he serves. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are sick may be consoled and restored by knowledge that the Lord is gracious and merciful, good to all, and compassionate in all his works. We pray to the Lord.
- That the deceased of our parish and our deceased family and friends may experience the generosity of God with all the saints in heaven. We pray to the Lord.
O God, may we turn away from our own thoughts and embrace your thoughts and ways as we seek to live our lives with love and in service to all those in need. We make our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.