27th Sunday of Ordinary Time, October 08, 2017
We offer our prayers and petitions to the Father acknowledging our responsibility to produce his fruit from the many gifts he has given us.
- That the fresh energy Pope Francis has brought to the life of the church by emphasizing the importance of dialogue to solve thorny problems and to be true to ourselves as church may inspire all bishops. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders may care for the vineyards of the Lord entrusted to them and for those who work in them that the face of God may shine upon us all so that we shall be saved. We pray to the Lord.
- That the horrific shooting in Las Vegas, the decimation of Puerto Rico, and the daily reports of assaults on human life during this Respect for Life Month may make us more determined and responsive in protecting human life in all its forms. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may live without anxiety thanking God with prayer and petition such that the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of St. Isabel’s parish will continue to do what they have learned and received and heard and seen so that the God of peace will be with us in difficult times. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may be rewarded for his efforts in the vineyard by the Lord’s peace, by knowing the truth, and by complete exoneration of the charges manufactured against him. We pray to the Lord.
- That the Women’s Guild and Men’s Society of St. Isabel will be filled with wisdom as they work to overcome the challenges they face in continuing their works of fellowship and charity. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may be confident in the Lord’s love, content in the knowledge of his care, strong in their efforts to overcome disease, and supported by compassionate people who recognize the value of all life. We pray to the Lord.
- That those people who passed on faith in Jesus to us at various times in our lives and who have now died may be rewarded for their efforts in the vineyard with the joy of everlasting life in heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, may we never turn away from your word and from your calls to us to return to you from the vineyard what is due. May we always be the people that produce the fruit of the kingdom of God. We make our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.