28th Sunday of Ordinary Time, October 15, 2017
Invited to be present at the Eucharistic feast of the Lord, we turn to God and offer our prayers and petitions.
- That bishops will be signs of the love of God by acting with compassion, openness, and charity toward all people, even as we struggle to ensure that ours is a Church of justice and truth. We pray to the Lord.
- That people of every nation will demand that their leadership respect all human life by seeking peace, security, and basic human rights throughout the world. We pray to the Lord.
- That individuals impacted by violence and natural disasters will not lose heart but will receive the grace to recover from their setbacks confident that the Lord God will wipe away the tears from every face. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may fear no evil when walking in the dark valleys we encounter confident that the Lord is at our side guiding us in right paths. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of St. Isabel’s parish who strive to do what is right will ascend to the mountain of the Lord of hosts to rejoice and be glad that in his saving grace. We pray to the Lord.
- That in his current humble circumstances, Fr. Christopher may fear no evil and know that God will fully supply whatever he needs in accord with the glorious riches in Christ Jesus. We pray to the Lord.
- That the members of the Congregation for the Clergy will be inspired by the Holy Spirit to judge with wisdom in the pursuit of justice. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill and their families may be consoled in their trials, uplifted by knowledge of the Lord with them in their circumstances, and strengthened by our prayers and support. We pray to the Lord.
- That our ancestors, family members, and friends who have died may be welcomed into the eternal banquet of heaven with all the angels and saints. We pray to the Lord.
O God, may we always respond to your summons by coming to the feasts you provide for us humbled by knowledge that you call us, bad and good alike, and that you respond to our petitions with mercy and love. We make our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.