30th Sunday of Ordinary Time, October 29, 2017
Knowing that the Lord promises that if we cry out to him, he will hear us for he is compassionate, we offer our prayers and petitions.
- That Church authorities may be mindful of Pope Francis’ admonition that those called to the service of governance in the church need to have a strong sense of justice so that any form of injustice becomes unacceptable. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders will work for peace based on recognition of the need for respect of all human life and the well-being of all people. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may receive the Word of God with joy from the Holy Spirit despite any afflictions and become models of living the faith we profess. We pray to the Lord.
- That all Christians may live the commandment to love God fully with heart, soul, and mind. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may put aside all jealousy, hatred, and pride in our dealings with others in order to live Jesus’ command that we love our neighbors as ourselves. We pray to the Lord.
- That Catholics throughout the world who have been betrayed by clergy in scandals, selfishness, and careerism may be strong in their faith and work for renewal in their dioceses. We pray to the Lord.
- As he endures the one-year anniversary of his administrative leave, may Fr. Christopher not lose heart and join with the psalmist in praising the Lord, his rock, fortress, and deliverer, confident that he is safe from those who would drag him down. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who work for truth on behalf of Fr. Christopher may not be worn down by delay but may remain steadfast in their efforts, unfazed by baseless criticism, and determined to shine light on the darkness of deception. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill and those who care for them may know the love of God and the love of neighbors through our prayers and support. We pray to the Lord.
- That our deceased family members, friends, and parishioners may join forever in praising God with all the angels and saints in heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we stand before you in our weakness acknowledging the many times we have failed to live the commandments of love. We ask that in your compassion you overlook our faults and answer our prayers which we