32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time, November 12, 2017
As we offer our prayers and petitions to God, may we always be waiting attentively for his response, ready to accept his answer for our lives.
- That the US Conference of Catholic Bishops meeting in Baltimore this week may act with Wisdom and be responsive to the promptings of the Holy Spirit in their selection of committee chairmen and in all their decisions for the well-being of God’s people. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders may watch for Wisdom at every dawn and find her sitting at their gates inspiring them to serve all humanity. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may be wise and ever prepared for the coming of the Lord since we know neither the day nor the hour. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may always perceive Wisdom as resplendent and unfading as we keep vigil for her coming to free us from care. We pray to the Lord.
- That terrorism in its many manifestations may be wiped from the face of the earth and be replaced by peace and security for all humanity. We pray to the Lord.
- That our souls may ever thirst for God knowing that he is our help who feeds us in all our trials. We pray to the Lord.
- As Father Christopher enters his second year of administrative leave, may he be strong in his faith, comforted by prudence, found worthy of Wisdom, and be met with all solicitude. We pray to the Lord.
- That the sick in our parish and in our families may be comforted by excellent medical care, continual prayers, and supportive actions. We pray to the Lord.
- That the families of those who have died may grieve with hope, consoled by the knowledge that Jesus who died and rose will bring with him those who have fallen asleep to be always with the Lord. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died may be with God interceding for us until we too join them in the everlasting life of heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we offer our petitions to you seeking Wisdom in our lives. May we never tire of waiting for your touching our lives that we may meet you in joy with lamps lit when you come. We make these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.