33rd Sunday of Ordinary Time, November 19, 2017
As children of the light, we come before the Lord with our prayers and petitions knowing that the day of the Lord is coming.
- That the the Church may be a beacon to the world driving away the darkness of hatred, violence, and poverty. We pray to the Lord.
- That leaders of nations may be alert and sober as they act to dispel the darkness in the lives of their people and of people throughout the world. We pray to the Lord.
- That victims of the earthquake in Iran and Iraq, and all victims of natural disasters, may recover from their trials with compassion for those who suffer and with determination to forge a better life. We pray to the Lord.
- For an end to domestic violence and for deepened respect and love between all husbands and wives. We pray to the Lord.
- That human life in its many stages will receive the reverence due a gift from God and will be treasured from conception until natural death. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may be worthy followers of Jesus who reach out our hands to the poor and extend our arms to the needy. We pray to the Lord.
- That as a good and faithful servant, Fr. Christopher may share his talents with determination, rather than bury them, so that the Kingdom of God may be strengthened. We pray to the Lord.
- That our friends, relatives, and parishioners who are battling serious illnesses may be resolute and be comforted by God’s grace and our prayers. We pray to the Lord.
- That those in our parish who have died over the past year and those who mourn will be comforted by confidence in God’s mercy and love. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we come to you bringing the talents you have entrusted to us. Help us to use them well for our good and for the good of those for whom we pray that we may share in the Master’s joy. We make these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.