Christ the King, November 26, 2017
On this Day of Prayer for Persecuted Christians, we approach the Father asking for forgiveness for those times when we have mistreated others.
- That the Church may be a staunch and tireless advocate, in word and deed, for all people who face persecution for their faith. We pray to the Lord.
- That leaders of nations may acknowledge Christ as the true King and sacrifice their pride and position in service of an end to violence and war and in seeking religious freedom for all people. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are persecuted for their faith may be courageous in their resistance and graced by the Holy Spirit with the ability to be forgiving of their persecutors. We pray to the Lord.
- That all people will have faith in Jesus the Shepherd who tends us, rescues us from cloudy and dark places, gives us rest, seeks us when we are lost, and binds up all our injuries. We pray to the Lord.
- That we will live in opposition to persecution by feeding the hungry, giving drink to the thirsty, clothing the naked, welcoming strangers, and caring for the sick and imprisoned. We pray to the Lord.
- That the bishops and pastors of the Church may be welcoming presences in their communities and not agents of persecution who ostracize those whose beliefs are different from their own. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher, and all priests who are robbed of the support of their bishops, may be refreshed in soul, guided in right paths, and followed by goodness and kindness according to the will of the true Shepherd. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may enjoy peace in their struggles confident that the Lord, their Shepherd, is with them through all their trials. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died will be blessed by the Father and inherit the kingdom prepared for them from the foundation of the world. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we come to you with these prayers and petitions knowing that with you as our Shepherd there is nothing we shall want. We ask you to hear our pleas and answer us according to your will. We make these prayers through Christ our Lord, the King of the Universe. Amen.