Second Sunday of Advent, December 10, 2017
During this Advent season, may we hear the call to prepare the way of the Lord as we raise our voices asking God to touch our hearts and the hearts of all people.
- For the Church, that it may fill in the valleys and make low every hill and mountain that interferes with people being able to see the glory of the Lord. We pray to the Lord.
- That the world may know the kindness of God and experience peace and goodwill among all people. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of Yemen who endure bombing, the people of Southern California scattered by fires, and all people whose lives are being disrupted by natural and man made disasters may be consoled in their trials. We pray to the Lord.
- That in all the challenges of our lives, we may turn to the Lord who feeds us, shepherds us, and gathers us into his arms. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may be effective disciples of John the Baptist who hear him in the wilderness and cry out by our actions, “Here is your God! Here comes with power the Lord God.” We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may not become discouraged during his time of trial and may be lifted up by Pope Francis words this Advent, “Hope opens new horizons, making us capable of dreaming what is not even imaginable.” We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are sick and nearing the end of their lives on earth may be eager to be found without spot or blemish before God and may be at peace. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who mourn the death of a loved one as Christmas approaches may experience the comfort that God grants to all his people. We pray to the Lord
- That those who have died, whose period of waiting with joyful hope for the coming of the Lord has ended, may rest in peace for all eternity in the arms of their Shepherd. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we are sinful people; but you are faithful to us that we might come to repentance. May you receive our prayers and petitions and enable us to respond to your message of salvation as we strive to live meaningful lives. We offer all our prayers through Christ Our Lord. Amen.