Third Sunday of Advent, December 17, 2017
As we rejoice heartily in the Lord, seeing God as the joy of our souls, we come before him with our needs confident that he comes to us as our strength.
- That the Church may bring joy to all people and heal the brokenhearted as it proclaims the greatness of the Lord and his promise of mercy to the world. We pray to the Lord.
- That people who are oppressed by their governments and are deprived of basic necessities may experience the fact that the Lord God will make justice and peace spring up before all nations. We pray to the Lord.
- That refugees scattered by war and the people of California scattered by fire may hear the glad tidings of the Lord through our prayers and encounter the open arms of those they call upon in their need. We pray to the Lord.
- That our souls may always join with Mary’s to proclaim the greatness of the Lord and join with her spirit to rejoice in God our Savior. We pray to the Lord.
- That during this Advent season, and in all the seasons of our lives, we may wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Lord. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher and all who have been denied justice may rejoice always, pray without ceasing, and in all circumstances give thanks according to the will of God. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are struggling with poor health during this Advent season may not despair but may recognize Jesus coming to them to ease their suffering. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who mourn the recent loss of a loved one in the Christmas season may have their tears wiped away through our prayerful support and compassion. We pray to the Lord
- That those who have died may rejoice for all eternity in the arms of God who is faithful to all his people. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we offer our petitions to you and wait for your answer. May we always wait with joy recognizing that it is you who is among us, you whose sandal strap we are unworthy to untie, you who fills us with good things, and you who has already done great things for us. We offer our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.