Fourth Sunday of Advent, December 24, 2017
As the Advent season comes to an end, we ask that the coming Savior may enter our hearts and hear our pleas that we place before the Lord.
- That the Church will be an agent that proclaims the message of the Gospel and the coming of the Lord to every individual. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders may turn away from war and seek rest from their enemies on every side. We pray to the Lord.
- That all who are displaced from their homes may find comfort in seeing their troubles in union with the Holy Family who sought refuge in Bethlehem. We pray to the Lord.
- That each of us may join with Mary in hearing God’s calls in our lives and courageously responding, “May it be done to me according to your word.” We pray to the Lord.
- As the Advent season of waiting and anticipation comes to an end, may we resolve to recognize that the Lord comes to us in all our needs and in all our joys. We pray to the Lord.
- As Fr. Christopher’s season of waiting continues, may he not lose heart and may he be confident that the Lord is with him in his trials and discouragement. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are traveling during this season may be kept safe and enjoy the company of family and friends. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are sick or mourning may find hope and be consoled by the promise of renewal and a new beginning in the coming of the infant Jesus. We pray to the Lord
- That all who have gone before us in faith may be welcomed into heaven and intercede for us with their prayers. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, your love for us is made manifest in your Son Jesus. May we know that this love provides the answers to all the prayers and petitions we place before you. We offer these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.