The Nativity of the Lord, December 25, 2017
Rejoicing with the angels and shepherds at the birth of our Savior, we come before the Lord to offer our prayers and petitions.
- That the Word of God will be reborn into the hearts and minds of all who lead the Church and care for her people. We pray to the Lord.
- That the world may be led by individuals who seek the welfare of all people and glorify the Prince of Peace. We pray to the Lord.
- That all newborns may be welcomed with joy and nurtured in an environment of love, security, and peace. We pray to the Lord.
- That each of us may hear the angels’ message of good news of great joy and proclaim by our lives the glory of God in the highest. We pray to the Lord.
- That all people may reject godless ways and worldly desires, living temperately, justly, and devoutly, eager to do what is good. We pray to the Lord.
- In thanksgiving for our ancestors and those of previous generations who passed on faith to each of us, and for all who have welcomed us into the world, accepted us, and loved us. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher and our parish may exult before the Lord who comes to rule the world with justice and soften hearts that are hardened. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who struggle at Christmas mourning the loss of family, friends, and traditions may be consoled by our understanding and God’s grace. We pray to the Lord.
- That the sick and those suffering the wounds of war may find hope and be renewed and comforted by knowledge of God with us. We pray to the Lord.
- That all who have died may find peace and eternal rest in the arms of God in heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God of generous love who gave your Son for the salvation of the world, may your mercy always embrace us in our weaknesses as you answer our prayers which we offer through Christ our Lord. Amen.