The Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph December 31, 2017
As Mary and Joseph took their son to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord, we offer our petitions and the deepest needs and longings of our hearts to God.
1. That the Church may mimic the Holy Family by the love it demonstrates toward all people. We pray to the Lord.
2. That world leaders may strive to attain peace and to create an environment where all families may grow and live in security. We pray to the Lord.
3. That our words and actions may join with the prayer of Pope Francis for all the children who are not allowed to be born, who cry with hunger, and who hold weapons in their hands instead of toys. We pray to the Lord.
4. That all parents may see their children as gifts from God and be blessed with the wisdom and patience to raise them well. We pray to the Lord.
5. That sons and daughters may be granted the grace to revere their parents throughout their lives, take care of them when they are old, and be considerate of them even if their minds fail. We pray to the Lord.
6. That bishops, as God’s chosen ones, may put on heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience, displaying love, the bond of perfection, in dealing with the priests and people they shepherd. We pray to the Lord.
7. That the parish family of St. Isabel may never forget to show kindness to Fr. Christopher, our spiritual father, and grieve him not as long as he lives. We pray to the Lord.
8. That Fr. Christopher, like Abram who also responded to God’s call, may be true to that call and never waver despite the seeming contradictions he endures. We pray to the Lord.
9. That those suffering terminal illnesses, and all people, may approach the end of their lives on earth in peace, as did Simeon, having seen the salvation of God prepared for all people. We pray to the Lord.
10. That our friends and family members who have died may remain joined to us in the Communion of Saints as they intercede for us with the Father. We pray to the Lord.
11. For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, our heavenly Father, who instituted the family as the foundation of society and formed the Holy Family as a model of your love for all people, we offer these prayers and petitions to you through Christ our Lord. Amen.