2nd Sunday of Ordinary Time, January 14, 2018
We come before God: people who are sometimes like Samuel who sleep in the presence of the Lord yet seek a vibrant faith as we offer our prayers and petition.
- That Pope Francis may be blessed with good health, grace, and wisdom as he leads the Church to treat all people with justice, mercy, and love. We pray to the Lord.
- That leaders of nations may find peaceful means for solving disputes and may provide their people with health, security, and freedom. We pray to the Lord.
- That in response to the Lord’s calls in our lives we may be always willing to answer, “Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. We pray to the Lord.
- That Catholics enduring persecution and injustices that estrange them from their parishes and communities may remain faithful to God’s call. We pray to the Lord.
- That all people may avoid immorality and glorify God in their bodies. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may be uplifted by the knowledge that in response to the Lord’s call, he responded, “Here I am,” and has served as a faithful priest. We pray to the Lord.
- That Catholics facing persecution, from those whose churches are being bombed to those whose church communities are under attack, may be wise and resolute in their efforts for religious freedom and for justice. We pray to the Lord.
- That all people will reject racism and hatred by commitment to the Gospel that calls us to be messengers of God’s love toward all our neighbors. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are sick may be strengthened in mind and body by knowledge of God’s love for them and by the gentle efforts of compassionate caregivers. We pray to the Lord.
- That family members and friends who have preceded us in death may be joined with us in prayers to God for our needs and those of the world. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we know that when we call you, you always answer us. We offer these prayers for our needs and the needs of the world through Christ our Lord. Amen