3rd Sunday of Ordinary Time, January 21, 2018
We bring our prayers and petitions to the Father knowing that he hears and answers all our requests.
- For the Church, that it may be a sign of God’s love and bring hope to people in war torn areas who suffer from hatred and division. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders may work together to find peace and to advance the well being of all humanity. We pray to the Lord.
- That when the Lord calls us, we may be able to react as did Simon, Andrew, James, and John in leaving their worldly cares to follow him. We pray to the Lord.
- That Pope Francis’ message to the Chilean bishops that the mission of the church belongs to all the people who are neither employees, peons, or parrots of the bishops may be heard and heeded in all dioceses. We pray to the Lord.
- That the efforts of those who marched for life this past Friday, and the prayers and actions of all people who cherish life from conception until natural death will lead to renewed appreciation and respect for all life. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may respond with love to Pope Francis call that we work to accommodate, protect, promote, and integrate whoever is forced to leave their own home and undergo moments of real difficulty. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may take heart in the knowledge that when he abandoned the nets in his life to follow Jesus, he was joining with Simon, Andrew, James, and John, men filled with love of God who nevertheless suffered greatly for that love. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may be sincere in our pleas, “Teach me your ways, O Lord” and confident that indeed the Lord guides the humble to justice. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are dying may take heart in knowledge that God is with them and that they are being called to follow the Lord into the joy of everlasting life with him in heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- For family members, friends, and those who have died in service to our nation and our communities. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we know that you call each one of us. May we not wait to be perfect before responding to that call but rather open our hearts to your voice even as we call out to you through Christ our Lord. Amen.