5th Sunday of Ordinary Time, February 04, 2018
We offer our prayers and petitions to the Father knowing that even as we look for Jesus to enter our lives, he is with us.
- For the Church, that we may be ever faithful to our obligation to proclaim the Gospel with joy by our actions in loving God and our neighbors. We pray to the Lord.
- That nations of the world may abandon an atmosphere of oneupmanship and seek the well being of the poor, the victims of war, the dispossessed, and all people. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who find the trials of life to be overwhelming, as did Job, may avoid despair, look to their restoration, and praise the Lord who heals the brokenhearted. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may follow Jesus’ example and make time for prayer a priority amidst the busyness of our lives. We pray to the Lord.
- That the Catholic bishops may have the zeal of Paul in fulfilling their obligation to preach the Gospel with humility seeking to win over as many as possible. We pray to the Lord.
- That those being persecuted for their faith in Jesus may see their suffering as a share in the cross of Christ that leads to salvation. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may overcome the drudgery in his life and the troubled nights allotted to him through grace and the love of his parish and friends. We pray to the Lord.
- That mothers-in-law and all those sick with flu or fever may experience the outstretched hand of Jesus that offers them health. We pray to the Lord.
- For our deceased family members and friends, for the children who have succumbed to the flu this year, and for all those who mourn. That they may experience and be uplifted by the the promise of everlasting life in heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, even on days when our lives are filled with the sadness of Job, we know that you are with us to bind up our wounds and drive out the demons that seek to possess us. We offer to you all the trials and joys we experience as we join in prayer through Christ our Lord. Amen.