1st Sunday of Lent, February 18, 2018
As we begin this Lenten season, we pray for renewal in our lives, our homes, our parish and our country.
- That the Church may come back to the Lord wholeheartedly and in every aspect of our lives this Lenten season through prayer, almsgiving, and fasting. We pray to the Lord.
- That nations of the world and their leaders will seek peace, mutual understanding, and the well-being of all people. We pray to the Lord.
- That the observance of the 50th anniversary of the Tet offensive in Vietnam may bring healing to that country and to all who lost loved ones or were impacted by the horrors of this uprising. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of Puerto Rico and Tonga suffering from the devastation of cyclones and hurricanes may not lose heart and may see rainbows as signs of hope and of God with them. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of Cape Town who are facing the loss of running water in their homes may be generous to their neighbors and work together to resolve this crisis. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may appreciate God’s gift of the water of baptism and the water on the earth that cleanses us spiritually and physically and gives us health of body, mind, and soul. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may be consoled in the desolation of his suffering during the forty days of Lent as was Jesus during his time in the desert. We pray to the Lord.
- That all who work to end the treachery of cancer may be enlightened by the Spirt and find success in their efforts. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may live with hope and be cured by grace and the support of family, friends, and dedicated caregivers. We pray to the Lord.
- That our deceased family members, friends, and parishioners may rejoice forever with Jesus in heaven. We pray to the Lord
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, you know our needs better than we do. We ask that during this Lenten season, our sacrifices may bring clarity to our plans and visions for our lives that we may live according to your will. We offer our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.