4th Sunday of Lent, March 11, 2018
Coming before the Lord with confidence because he sent his Son into the world as a sign of His love, we offer our prayers and petitions.
- For the Church, that faith communities facing persecution and exile, as did God’s chosen people, may soon be restored to their places of worship. We pray to the Lord.
- That leaders of nations may be respectful of different cultures, seek peaceful means of resolving disagreements, and ensure that all may worship God without fear. We pray to the Lord.
- When our lives are busy or pushed into foreign places that cause us fear and anxiety, may we never forget God’s presence with us in all that we do. We pray to the Lord.
- That people driven from their homes and schools by natural disasters, war, and violence may not lose hope of returning in safety to the comforts of a life without strife. We pray to the Lord.
- That our Lenten sacrifices may renew us in mind and spirit, drawing us closer to God and to his will for each of us. We pray to the Lord.
- That our knowledge that God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it but to save it may underpin an unshakeable faith in God’s love for each of us. We pray to the Lord.
- That Father Christopher may be resolute in living the truth that it may come to light and be clearly seen as done in God, even by those who prefer darkness. We pray to the Lord.
- That those in our community who are battling serious illnesses may be uplifted by their belief in God’s love which promises eternal life. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died may be joined in the Community of Saints forever praising God in everlasting joy and peace in heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, you have given us everything that is good. To show your love you sent your Son into this world to be lifted up for our salvation. May our faith in your love be unshakeable that we may constantly seek the light of truth knowing that you hear and answer all our prayers for we make them through Christ our Lord. Amen.