Palm Sunday of the Lord’s Passion, March 25, 2018
As we enter this holiest week of the year, we come before God with our prayers and petitions confident that we will never be abandoned.
- For the Church, that this week of reflection on the Passion and death of Jesus may lead to renewed commitment to live more fully in response to our call as Christian people. We pray to the Lord.
- That hatred and distrust among people of varying cultures and differing nations may cease in light of the unjust crucifixion of Jesus. We pray to the Lord.
- That this final week of Lenten sacrifice may strengthen us to live the Good News of our faith in Jesus. We pray to the Lord.
- That our reception of the Eucharist may transform us and be an experience of intimate union with Christ, the source of joy and holiness. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may have the courage to live boldly as Christians and never deny Jesus when our faith is questioned We pray to the Lord.
- That our own suffering may be eased through our union with Jesus who suffered greatly for our sins. We pray to the Lord.
- That Father Christopher may be strengthened in his faith in Jesus and commitment to the Church through reflection on the Passion and death of Our Lord. We pray to the Lord.
- That the sufferings of those who are ill may be eased by the grace of God and by insightful and inspired medical care. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died with Christ may also live with him in the everlasting life of heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we come before you today in the shadow of the narrative of Jesus’ passion and death. May we be united with Christ in his suffering and be freed from our sins and from all that troubles us in this world as we pray for mercy and forgiveness through Christ Our Lord. Amen.