Easter Sunday, April 01, 2018
As we celebrate news of the risen Lord, we rejoice in offering our prayers to the Father.
- For the Church, that it may steadfastly proclaim the joy of the resurrection in word and in action. We pray to the Lord.
- That Jesus’ conquering of death may inspire world leaders to tirelessly seek fulfilling lives for the citizens of their nations and for all people. We pray to the Lord.
- That priests who renewed the promises of their ordination this week at the Chrism Mass may be faithful stewards of the Eucharist and ministers of Christ, the High Priest. We pray to the Lord.
- That bishops, who asked for prayers that they may be made a living image of Christ the Good Shepherd, the Teacher, and the Servant of all may execute their apostolic offices with love and humility. We pray to the Lord.
- That the light of Christ rising in glory may dispel the darkness that dwells in our hearts and minds. We pray to the Lord.
- That all the newly baptized may be blessed with the gift of faith that grows in response to Jesus’ call to follow him. We pray to the Lord.
- That the joy and hope of the Resurrection which overcame hatred and death may inspire Father Christopher as he seeks to prevail against the evil that attacks his person and his priesthood. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may be people of Easter joy able to proclaim, “Alleluia, Christ is Risen” as we encounter the many blessings and challenges of our lives. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are suffering from illness and disease may be united with Jesus who overcame all suffering, and even death, by rising to new life. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died may overcome death and live forever in God’s embrace in heaven with all the angels and saints. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we offer our prayers today in the light of overwhelming joy at the Resurrection of your Son. May that light guide us today and every day leading us to live according to your will. We make our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.