Second Sunday of Easter, April 08, 2018
We come to the Lord with grateful hearts that he has give his life for each of us and is now risen.
- For the Church, that it may display God’s love for all people as it lives the mystery of the Resurrection. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders may model their positions of authority after Jesus and sacrifice themselves in service of the welfare of all people. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may live the Easter message by giving witness to the peace, joy, and teachings of Jesus who has risen. We pray to the Lord.
- That Christian communities experiencing loss and hiding in fear may experience Jesus present with them in their struggles. We pray to the Lord.
- That those whose faith is filled with doubts may, like Thomas, take their doubts to Jesus and be able to proclaim, “My Lord and my God.” We pray to the Lord.
- That as a community of believers we may be generous with our possessions and reach out in support of those in need. We pray to the Lord.
- That as Father Christopher experiences injustice, he may join his suffering to that of Jesus and be strengthened by his belief in the Resurrection. We pray to the Lord.
- That the efforts of the Church to overcome racism may gain the support of all people and and find fulfillment in the Church’s unwavering defense of all human life from conception until natural death. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may be strengthened in knowing that by overcoming death, Christ helps us to accept sufferings as privileged occasions of redemption and salvation. We pray to the Lord.
- That our deceased friends and family, whom we remember in our prayers, may share in Christ’s victory over death in the joys of heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, the Resurrection of Jesus renews our hope. May our prayers be joined with those of the disciples who gathered in fear in a locked room and were blessed by the Lord’s presence among them and by his words of peace. We offer these prayers with Easter joy through Christ our Lord. Amen.