Third Sunday of Easter, April 15, 2018
Inspired by the Holy Spirit, Pope Francis has issued an apostolic exhortation, “Rejoice and Be Glad,” that calls us to holiness. We come to the Father asking for the grace to live as holy people.
- For the Church, that we may always display signs of holiness by spreading a living witness to Christ, especially by means of a life of faith and charity (§8). We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders may be holy in mourning the difficulties of their people, sharing in their sufferings, understanding their anguish and bringing relief (§75-76). We pray to the Lord.
- That in living the beatitudes, we may reflect a portrait of Jesus, and by self-giving gain true happiness (§63-64). We pray to the Lord.
- That we may see ourselves as an army of the forgiven who have been looked upon with divine compassion and achieve holiness by seeing and acting with mercy (§82). We pray to the Lord.
- That all who lead the church, and all in positions of power, may be just in their decisions, correct oppression, and be holy in their hunger and thirst for righteousness (§79). We pray to the Lord.
- That in seeking holiness by living the commandments we may be especially attentive to the eighth which forbids bearing false witness, lying, and ruthlessly vilifying others (§115). We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may experience the injustice and humiliation he has been subjected to as a way to follow in Christ’s footsteps and grow in union with him in humility and holiness (§118-120). We pray to the Lord.
- That the boldness of holiness may enable us to go forth and serve with the same courage the Holy Spirit stirred up in the Apostles, impelling them to proclaim Jesus Christ (§129). We pray to the Lord.
- That the hardship of illness, which comes when the cross casts its shadow, may not destroy the supernatural joy in its victims that adapts and changes but always endures through knowledge that we are infinitely loved (§125). We pray to the Lord.
- That our deceased friends, parishioners, and family members, may rejoice and be glad with all the saints dwelling with God in his light and his love (§51). We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, you call us always to rejoice and be glad. You ask everything of us and in return offer us true life, the happiness for which we were created. Help us never to settle for a bland and mediocre existence as we strive to respond to your call to holiness (§1). We ask these things through Christ our Lord. Amen.