Pentecost Sunday, May 20, 2018
As we gather together, each with fears and needs that invade elements of our lives, we ask the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts and kindle in them the fire His love.
- That Pope Francis may be inspired by the Spirit of Truth as he leads the Church in renewing the face of the Earth. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders may not cower behind locked doors but will bring the peace that Jesus offers to the people they are called to serve. We pray to the Lord.
- That the voices of refugees from various nations, cultures, and languages may be heard and understood within the din and confusion that characterizes crowds of people and loud noises in our own time. We pray to the Lord.
- That the Holy Spirit may inspire the people of St. Isabel parish, bringing solace in the midst of woe, guiding steps that have gone astray, and granting joys that never end. We pray to the Lord.
- That the Holy Spirit may come to rest on the members of the Congregation for the Clergy as they deliberate in search of truth and for the well-being of the Church. We pray to the Lord.
- That all Catholic people may animate the fruits of the Spirit – love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control – as we live to bring Jesus to our communities. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Cristopher will be given solace in the midst of woe and be led by the wisdom of the Holy Spirit in defending his integrity and his priesthood against the scurrilous attacks they face. We pray to the Lord.
- That mariners and all people of the sea will be protected in their voyages under the watchful eye of the Blessed Mother, Stella Maris. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may resist disease with strength and be consoled by knowledge of Jesus’ love and presence with them. We pray to the Lord.
- That our friends and family who have died may receive virtue’s sure reward, the salvation of the Lord, and joy that never ends. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we join with communities from all ages and times who have come together presenting their needs and hopes to the Father. We ask that you hear our pleas and send your Holy Spirit, the fire of your love, upon us that we may know your will for our lives and our actions. We make these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.