Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ, June 03, 2018
Today we honor the Body and Blood of Christ, the food that sustains us in our lives and feeds us as we bring our needs and prayers to God.
- That the Church may receive the graces that flow from the Eucharist to unite all people in God’s love. We pray to the Lord.
- That the unity of all people with Jesus present in the Eucharist may inspire a spirit of peace throughout the world. We pray to the Lord.
- That our belief in the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist may never waver and will inspire us to live always in union with God’s will. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who hunger and thirst may be satisfied with food and drink for their bodies and the real food and drink of the Eucharist We pray to the Lord.
- That Pope Francis’ meeting this weekend with victims of sexual abuse will be successful in its goals of renewing respect for canonical procedure and eliminating all reprehensible forms of abuse by those with power in the Church. We pray to the Lord.
- That attacks on Fr. Christopher and his priesthood will be overcome by his commitment to serving the church and to the celebration of the Eucharist. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who face obstacles to full unity with the Church in the Eucharist may persevere with God’s grace to overcome those challenges. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are sick and their families may pray with hope and be refreshed and healed by Jesus present in the Eucharist. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died may live forever in heaven and be united with us in the communion of saints. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God in your generosity, you sent your Son to share our burdens and our hopes and to remain present with us in the Holy Eucharist. We ask that you continue to pour your blessings on us as we make our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.