Tenth Sunday of Ordinary Time, June 10, 2018
We offer our prayers to God who always hears our voices and provides for all our needs.
- For the Church, that we may be a unifying presence in the world that overcomes division among people so that God’s glory may shine forth. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders may work for the well-being of all people and turn away from policies and actions that polarize nations causing division, hatred, and fear. We pray to the Lord.
- That the US Catholic Bishops who meet this week will work selflessly toward their goals of acting consistently on important issues, fostering communion of the Church in all nations under Pope Francis’ leadership, and assisting each other in fulfilling their particular ministries in the local Church. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may exhibit the five great expressions of love for God and neighbor that Pope Francis has encouraged: perseverance in the face of hostility and betrayal, spiritual joy, boldness that overcomes fear, community, and constant prayer. We pray to the Lord.
- That those in the military who seek peace and freedom and first responders who protect us may be kept safe and be drawn closer to God through their service to all people. We pray to the Lord.
- That the injustices Fr. Christopher has endured may cease, that the attacks on his priesthood will fail, and that he will be expeditiously restored to St. Isabel parish. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who suffer from serious illness may be assured that the momentary light afflictions they endure are producing an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died may be welcomed into the peace and joy of heaven to rest forever in the arms of God. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
Knowing that with you, O Lord, there is mercy and fullness of redemption we offer our cares and concerns to you. We make these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen