Eleventh Sunday of Ordinary Time, June 17, 2018
We place our cares and needs before the Lord whose love for us sprouts and grows in good times and when we struggle with the challenges of our lives.
- For the Church, that that it may grow from its small beginnings to a great tree whose branches provide comfort for the poor, for refugees, and for all who seek to dwell in the shade of the Lord. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders may embrace their responsibility to serve the people they govern and bring peace and security to all people. We pray to the Lord.
- That the Catholic bishops will shun all hypocrisy and lead the Church by actions that declare their compassion, concern, and care for all people. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may engage in small acts of kindness knowing they have the potential of a mustard seed to grow and transform the world. We pray to the Lord.
- In thanksgiving for Fr. Christopher’s vocation that called him to the priesthood and for his commitment to living that vocation well despite the attacks and injustices he has endured. We pray to the Lord.
- For all fathers, that they may find the grace and wisdom to raise their children well and with faith in a world that challenges family life. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are facing surgery or harsh drug therapies and all who are ill may know that Jesus is always with them carrying them through their struggles. We pray to the Lord.
- That our fathers who have died and all the deceased may be welcomed with joy into heaven by God the Father of us all. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God as we offer these prayers and our lives to you, we ask that we may always walk by faith and not by light seeing you in all things that grow and which reveal your love. It is good to give thanks to you as we make our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.
1 thought on “Eleventh Sunday of Ordinary Time, June 17, 2018”
such good intentions………….. these prayers are our prayers too…………
we especially pray that Father senk will be heard and be treated justly as we can believe him for his honeslty and trustworthiness. he has always shown and proved that all these years to us! God bring peace to the world………… and let us all work for peace.