Solemnity of the Nativity of St. John the Baptist, June 24, 2018
We bring our needs to the Father knowing that just as he created John the Baptist to prepare the way of the Lord, he also created each of us.
- That all bishops may have the grace, wisdom, and integrity to free the Church from every form of abuse. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders may recognize the sacredness of the family and enact policies that support the unity of the family and the well-being of all children. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who suffer from depression, thinking that they have toiled in vain and for nothing, having uselessly spent their strength, may know that their reward is with the Lord and that God is their strength. We pray to the Lord.
- That as her neighbors and relatives rejoiced with Elizabeth at the birth of her son, all mothers may receive support and encouragement from their friends and communities as they welcome their children into the world. We pray to the Lord.
- That whether we see a child in good or bad circumstances, we may marvel at and work to support the gift of life, knowing that surely the hand of the Lord is with each breath a person takes. We pray to the Lord.
- That as he enters into the twenty-first month of his administrative leave, Fr. Christopher may be blessed with the patience of Elizabeth and Zechariah who waited with resolute hope for the birth of their child. We pray to the Lord.
- That during this observation of Religious Freedom Week, the Holy Spirit may give us the courage to bear witness to the truth of the Gospel, even in the face of social and legal pressure. We pray to the Lord.
- That the sick in our community, those who cling to life, and those undergoing difficult medical treatments may be confident in Jesus present with them, and of God’s enduring love. We pray to the Lord.
- That all who have died may find salvation and peace as they enter the Father’s house in the company of St. John the Baptist and all the saints. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we bring our prayers before you confident that you know all our needs and provide for them in due course. We pray in thanks for John your herald and ask that we may act as he did with confidence, faith, and humility in living our lives. We make our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.