Thirteenth Sunday of Ordinary Time, July 01, 2018
On this weekend when we celebrate our nation’s liberty, we come before the Lord grateful for all he has given us and asking that he will answer all our needs.
- For the Church, that its new cardinals and all in the hierarchy will respond with zeal to Pope Francis’ call that they act as servants to the people under their care and earn their authority by serving those most in need. We pray to the Lord.
- For the world, that people of all nations will share their resources with those who live in poverty and squalor so that all may have security, hope, and dignity. We pray to the Lord.
- For our country, that the words of the Declaration of Independence stating that all are endowed by their Creator with the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness may be reflected in our laws and the way every person in our land is treated. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of America may be ever grateful to God for the gift of this country and cherish the beauty, opportunities, and freedom that we enjoy. We pray to the Lord.
- For the victims of the shooting in Maryland, for victims of school shootings, for all whose lives are damaged by random violence and terrorism, that their sufferings may lead to a world that is respectful and protective of life in all its stages. We pray to the Lord.
- That the patience of Jairus, who waited for Jesus to lay his hands on his daughter while the woman with the hemorrhages was being healed, will inspire Fr. Christopher and all who seek justice and his full return to ministry. We pray to the Lord.
- That those threatened by winds, rain, and fires in the coming months may be kept safe from harm. We pray to the Lord.
- That the sick in our community may touch the hem of Jesus’ garments confident that he is with them and that their faith will save them from their afflictions. We pray to the Lord.
- That all who have died may enter with joy into the life of heaven that is never destroyed and never ends. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we offer our prayers and petitions to you confident that even though we often reach out to you with fear and trembling, you respond in ways that encourage us and bring us calm. This day we ask that you give us hope and help us praise you knowing that you have rescued us. We make our prayers through Jesus Christ, your Son and our Lord. Amen.