Sixteenth Sunday of Ordinary Time, July 22, 2018
Knowing that God is a good shepherd who continually cares for us, we come to him and pray with confidence.
- That Pope Francis may be the good shepherd of the Church, leading all people driven away from the faith to the meadow of the Lord where none will be missing. We pray to the Lord.
- That leaders of nations may work to lead their people with integrity, compassion, and honesty seeking to create a world in which people are not scattered by war, violence, and poverty. We pray to the Lord.
- That Bishop Frank Dewane, who celebrates the twelfth anniversary of his episcopal ordination this week, may not be a shepherd who misleads and scatters the flock of the Lord’s pasture but may shepherd selflessly, modeling God’s love for his people. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may turn to the Lord in all our needs and in the trials of life, knowing that he leads us by restful waters and refreshes our souls so that we may persevere with joy. We pray to the Lord.
- That victims of war, hatred, and discrimination may fear no evil even though they walk in dark valleys and that they may have the courage and grace to continue in right paths and find light. We pray to the Lord.
- That during his time of trial, Fr. Christopher may receive the clear support of bishops who respond to Pope Francis’ admonition that they not engage in useless wrangling about self-importance but rather serve those most in need. We pray to the Lord.
- That during this summer season, people of our country, and throughout the world, will be protected from fires, tornadoes, floods, hurricanes, and every form of natural disaster. We pray to the Lord.
- That our friends and family who are ill, and all who have asked for our prayers, may know the Good Shepherd’s love for them through daily kindnesses and the compassionate care they experience. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died may dwell forever in the house of the Lord. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
Lord God, you are the Good Shepherd who leads us to everlasting life. May your goodness and kindness help us each day to shun fear and trembling as we know you are with us, caring for our every need. We make our prayers through Jesus Christ, your Son and our Lord. Amen.