Seventeenth Sunday of Ordinary Time, July 29, 2018
Knowing that God answers the needs of all people, we present our intentions with confidence.
- For the Church, that we may imitate Jesus in showing our care for all people, even when we think our resources are inadequate. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders may work together to eliminate famine in Somalia, Yemen, and all parts of the world facing starvation due to poverty, drought, and war. We pray to the Lord.
- That people of faith may hunger for God’s word and receive the grace to live according to his will. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who grow and prepare food for people throughout the world whom they will never see or know may be blessed in their work and satisfied by knowledge that they sustain the lives of so many. We pray to the Lord.
- That throughout our lives, we may be confident that the hand of the Lord feeds us in all the challenges that we face and that he answers all our needs. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may respond with joy to Paul’s reminder that we live with humility, gentleness, and patience, bearing with one another through love, striving to preserve unity and peace. We pray to the Lord.
- That Father Christopher may be supported in his trials and not lose heart as he seeks to protect his priesthood and to find justice. We pray to the Lord.
- That those whose well-being is threatened by heat, floods, fires, winds, and the rhythms of summer weather may find safety and relief from all harm. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may know they are on the mountain with Jesus who performs signs on the sick, feeds them, and offers them hope. We pray to the Lord.
- That freedom from want, eternal life, and peace may be granted to our deceased family and friends and to all the faithful departed. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, you anticipate our needs before we know them. May we always walk in confidence knowing that in your great generosity you are with us, caring for us, and satisfying all our hungers. We make our prayers through Jesus Christ, your Son and our Lord. Amen.