Eighteenth Sunday of Ordinary Time, August 05, 2018
Knowing that God gave manna to the Jews who wandered in fear in the desert, we come before the Lord with our petitions confident that he provides for all our needs.
- For the Church, that we may faithfully feed a spiritually hungry world with the word of God so that all longings may be satisfied. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders may cooperate to address all human needs and eliminate war, poverty, hatred, and distrust among all people. We pray to the Lord.
- That when we face discouragement in life and grumble against God, we may be restored through knowledge that the Lord rains down graces from heaven that satisfy all our needs. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may not work solely for food that perishes but for the food that endures for eternal life. We pray to the Lord.
- That in each celebration of the Eucharist, we may worthily receive the bread of life that dispels all hunger and believe in Jesus that we may never thirst. We pray to the Lord.
- That Father Christopher may exercise his priesthood and continue to be a worthy instrument that provides the true bread from heaven to God’s people. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are driven from their homes by natural disasters, war, and fear may find safe havens and be supported in their flight by generous neighbors. We pray to the Lord.
- That the red tide that has afflicted Sanibel may diminish so that sea life will be preserved and those who visit and live on the island may fully enjoy the beauty God has created here. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may be nourished by good food, obtain compassionate care, and receive the bread that satisfies all hunger and thirst. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died may be with Jesus in heaven for all eternity where they will never hunger or thirst but will live forever in God’s comforting embrace. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we know that you have never failed to nourish your people in their times of want and need. We ask that you hear our pleas for ourselves and for the world that we may be joined together through the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world. We make our prayers through Jesus Christ, your Son and our Lord. Amen.