Nineteenth Sunday of Ordinary Time, August 12 , 2018
Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to Jesus. We therefore present our needs to God knowing that his answers will draw us closer to the Lord.
- For the Church, that we may not murmur among ourselves with confused faith but may be drawn to Jesus by the Father who sent him. We pray to the Lord.
- That nations and people throughout the world may work together so that our planet may provide a welcoming and sustaining environment for all of God’s creation. We pray to the Lord.
- That when we become discouraged, as did Elijah, and think that we cannot go on, may we may know that God feeds us and nourishes us with food and drink, and gives us strength to continue our journeys. We pray to the Lord.
- That as we commemorate the fourteenth anniversary of the destruction of the St. Isabel Church building by Hurricane Charley, we may give thanks for the rebuilding of that structure under Fr. Christopher’s leadership. We pray to the Lord.
- Through all the tumult and strife that our parish is experiencing, may the hymn that hails a new creation continue to echo in our souls. We pray to the Lord.
- Though Fr. Christopher’s joys and comforts die, may he know that the Savior lives and that though the darkness gather round, songs in the night he giveth . We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher and all the people of St. Isabel parish may allow no storm to shake their inmost calm as they cling to the Rock of truth, Christ who is Lord of heaven and earth. We pray to the Lord.
- That people throughout the world whose lives are disrupted by war, terrorism, earthquakes, floods, red tide, hurricanes, volcanoes, and other disasters may find peace, comfort, and the Lord, as did Elijah in silent sounds. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may taste and see the goodness of the Lord in compassionate care, the support of friends, and God’s grace. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died with Christ, the living bread come down from heaven, may live forever in peace and joy with all the angels and saints and be raised up on the last day. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we seek you with our prayers and know that you will answer us and deliver us from all our fears. May we be radiant with joy knowing that as we call out in our afflictions, we will be saved from our distress. We offer our prayers to you through Jesus Christ your Son and our Lord. Amen.