Twentieth Sunday of Ordinary Time, August 19, 2018
We place our prayers and petitions before the Lord knowing that God answers us and provides what we truly need.
- For Pope Francis, that he may be granted health, grace, and fearlessness as he leads the Church along the path of mercy, benevolence, and truth. We pray to the Lord.
- That people of all nations may react with compassion and generosity toward the millions of refugees who have been forced to flee violence, war, famine, and natural disasters in their own lands. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may forsake foolishness and ignorance as we strive to understand what is the will of the Lord, giving joyful thanks always and for everything. We pray to the Lord.
- That the sexual abuse scandals ravaging the Church may not cause people of faith to lose heart but will lead to the elimination of all forms of abuse by those with power in the Church. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may know and proclaim the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist and receive this gift of God as the true food and drink that gives eternal life. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher and other victims of various forms of abuse and injustice in the Church may be given the grace to be resolute in seeking justice without rancor or hatred, for their own well-being and that of God’s people. We pray to the Lord.
- That those gathering with Pope Francis this week for the World Meeting of Families in Ireland may experience an increase in faith, a strengthening of hope, safety in God’s love, and gratitude for the gift of life shared by all. We pray to the Lord.
- That people of faith who are ill may be nourished by the body and blood of Christ, find relief from their suffering, and be restored to good health. We pray to the Lord.
- That the deceased of our community and our deceased family and friends may live forever with God and all the angels and saints. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, in the Eucharist that we share, we taste and see your goodness. May we bring that goodness to the world as witnesses of your love for all people. We offer our prayers to you through Jesus Christ your Son and our Lord. Amen.