Twenty-Second Sunday of Ordinary Time, September 02, 2018
We come before the Lord mindful of our weaknesses seeking his presence in those areas of our lives where we are most in need.
- For the Church, that these days of turmoil may give way to hopefulness, truth, and trustworthiness where God’s word and will is displayed and lived by its leaders and all the faithful. We pray to the Lord.
- That the world which has a desperate need to seek and recognize God’s will for all humanity will not be distracted by greed, lust for power, prejudice, self-interest, and the failings of some. We pray to the Lord.
- That abuses of all types in the Church and throughout society will be exposed and eliminated so that justice may prevail and all may live in security and peace. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who labor may receive a just wage, satisfaction from their work, and the respect of those they serve. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may respond with zeal to the Gospel message calling us to humbly welcome the word placed in us to save our souls and to be doers of that word. We pray to the Lord.
- That the abuses Fr. Christopher has endured as he has labored faithfully in response to God’s call to the priesthood may cease as the Church renounces all forms of abuse. We pray to the Lord.
- That those suffering from the effects of red tide, fires, floods, heat, and all the vagaries of nature may find relief; and that all people will work together to diminish the impacts of these events. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may not become discouraged but will be confident in God’s love and presence with them in their suffering. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died during these past months and those whose anniversaries we commemorate this month may live forever in peace with God and all the angels and saints. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we know that your love for us has no bounds. May that knowledge inspire us with confidence that you hear and answer all our prayers. May our hearts may turn away from all evil that we may live always in your presence. We offer our prayers through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.