Twenty-Sixth Sunday of Ordinary Time, September 30, 2018
We come before the Lord asking that he will bestow his spirit on us all in answer to our prayers and petitions.
- That the bishops and all Church leaders will act purposefully to condemn all forms of abuse in the Church that cause scandal and are inconsistent with the message of the Gospels. We pray to the Lord.
- That the lives of refugees, victims of war, and those impacted by natural disasters may be shown respect through compassionate care and support. We pray to the Lord.
- That people in positions of authority and all with responsibility for the welfare of children will be models of belief in Jesus and avoid being occasions of sin. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may always perceive and live the law of the Lord as perfect, refreshing the soul, and giving joy to the heart. We pray to the Lord.
- That the sexual abuse scandal throughout the Church may not be exploited as a distraction from failings in other areas. We pray to the Lord.
- That the agreement between the Vatican and China allowing Chinese authorities to have input into the selection of bishops will signal granting of a similar privilege to faithful people worldwide. We pray to the Lord.
- That in the twenty-fourth month of his administrative leave, Father Christopher may not lose heart and may continue to promote human welfare as an agent of the Lord through his humanitarian activities. We pray to the Lord.
- That during Respect Life Month, and at all times, our actions may display our belief that every human life is precious from conception until natural death. We pray to the Lord.
- That those battling terminal illnesses may be supported by their friends and communities in ways that demonstrate they are loved as they face their challenges. We pray to the Lord.
- That our deceased family members and friends may enter into the kingdom of God and be received with joy by all the angels and saints. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God of all creation we ask that you help us to be your faithful disciples and not be stumbling blocks to the faith of others. We offer our prayers and petitions knowing that you hear us and provide for all that we need through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.