Twenty-Eighth Sunday of Ordinary Time, October 14, 2018
We come to the Lord, as did the man in the Gospel, asking what we must do to inherit eternal life. We seek answers to that question through the prayers and petitions that we offer.
- That prayers for the Synod on young people, the faith, and vocational discernment may yield prudence and wisdom that will renew the Church. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people in the United States and abroad whose lives have been altered by winds, water, and fires may be restored and and be united with Jesus in the Resurrection. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may know our worldly accumulations as mere sand and mire in comparison to the spirit of wisdom and prudence available through Jesus in the teachings of the Church. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of China, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and all countries where faith in Jesus is subject to persecution and hatred may remain strong through the gift of grace and through courageous support of all people who revere freedom. We pray to the Lord.
- That in this period of trial for the local Church as we struggle for justice, the gracious care of the Lord our God may be ours that we may be filled with love and sing for joy. We pray to the Lord.
- That the gift of life manifested in all people in many ways from conception until natural death may be treasured and protected from harm, neglect, and abuse. We pray to the Lord.
- That Father Christoper may be strong, resolute, and freed from stress as he fights for his vocation in the face of calumny and deceit. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may be generous with our belongings and use them to uplift the poor, the weak, and the abandoned. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are facing the scourges of cancer and other life-sapping diseases may receive strength and joy from grace, fellowship, encouragement, and compassionate care. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died may enter the kingdom of God despite any failings while on earth because all things are possible for God. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, through these prayers we seek wisdom and prudence; we seek freedom from the things of this world that constrain us from responding fully to your call to come and follow you. We ask that you respond to our pleas knowing our failings but offering us what we need to inherit eternal life. We make our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen