Twenty-Ninth Sunday of Ordinary Time, October 21, 2018
The Lord calls us not to seek high places but to be humble servants and the slave of all. in this spirit we offer our prayers for the well-being of all mankind.
- That the Synod on Youth will be an effective instrument for helping young people, and all the Church, find answers to life’s questions concerning purpose, noble actions, consistent faith, and joy. We pray to the Lord.
- That leaders of the world may work to create cultures of hope – free from repression, war, poverty, and persecution – that provide opportunities for all people to thrive in their native lands. We pray to the Lord.
- That the wave of probes into sexual abuse in the Church will lead to true reforms so that every form of abuse of the weak by clergy and those in power will be rooted out and forthrightly condemned. We pray to the Lord.
- That on this World Mission Sunday, we may see Jesus as the missionary Word of God who brought life and light to all nations, and may participate in his work by responding to his call to each of us, “As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” We pray to the Lord.
- That Pope Francis and all missionaries who through their lives tell all nations of God’s love for each individual may be caring, wise, and holy witnesses of Christ our Savior. We pray to the Lord.
- That the lives of infants, from the earliest stages of development, will be nurtured through selfless care and respect for their existence as God’s loving creation. We pray to the Lord.
- That the life Fr. Christopher has lived in response to God’s call to him to serve as a priest may be supported and respected, and not be destroyed by lies, greed, and hunger for power. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill and lonely may receive encouragement and compassionate care, and see in their suffering a special unity with Jesus. We pray to the Lord.
- That God will rescue all who have died and prepare for them seats in heaven where they may receive everlasting life with all the angels and saints. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we come before you begging that your mercy will be on us as we place our trust in you to heal us and the world from the many ills and challenges we face. We humbly make our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.