Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe, November 25, 2018
Let us bring our prayers and petitions to the Lord, confident that the King of the Universe will never abandon us but always seeks our unity, peace, and well-being.
- For the Church, that we may acknowledge Jesus’ kingship that shall not be destroyed and look to him as the almighty Alpha and Omega, the one who is, who was, and is to come. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders and all peoples, nations, and languages may recognize Jesus’ kingship as an everlasting dominion and serve him. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have lost their possessions, their livelihoods, their friends, or their families to the fires in California may find strength and grace and know Jesus as the one who loves us, frees us from our sins, and comes to us amid the clouds, even clouds of smoke. We pray to the Lord.
- That those victims of senseless violence in a Catholic hospital in Chicago, in a Catholic supply store in St. Louis, in a cathedral in the Central African Republic, and in places where people gather to learn, to be with friends, to worship, and to serve may find comfort in knowing that Jesus died for us and rose triumphant and be free from fear and grief. We pray to the Lord.
- That each of us may live with humility and show in our actions that Christ rules our hearts and minds. We pray to the Lord.
- That in the challenges we face during our lives, we may not sacrifice truth for convenience and may stand with Jesus who came into the world to testify to the truth. We pray to the Lord.
- That the unjust questioning that Jesus endured at the hands of Pilate may uplift Fr. Christopher as he also endures questions not designed to find truth but to serve other purposes. We pray to the Lord.
- That the illnesses being faced by family and friends may serve to draw us closer together with resolve to overcome physical challenges through God’s grace and the comfort that we can offer to each other. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died may now live forever in heaven in the kingdom of Jesus Christ, King of the Universe. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
Heavenly Father, in sending Jesus into the world you have revealed that the Kingdom of God is a kingdom of mercy. Knowing that we are recipients of that generous mercy, we ask that you hear and answer our prayers which we offer through your Son, our Lord and King. Amen.