Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, December 30, 2018
On this day when we hear of the difficulties of the Holy Family as they made their annual trek to Jerusalem at Passover, we come to the Lord with the challenges we face in our journey of faith with our families and friends.
- That the word of Christ may dwell richly in all members of the Church family that everything may be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to the Father through him. We pray to the Lord.
- That peace may reign among members of the family of nations so that disputes may be settled through compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience with forgiveness overcoming all grievances. We pray to the Lord.
- That the joy of this Christmas season may be carried into the New Year so that we might share our many blessings with the needy and all members of the human family. We pray to the Lord.
- That at the times when we lose sight of Jesus in our lives and within our families, we may find him answering our questions and freeing us from anxiety. We pray to the Lord.
- That families who are torn apart by war and violence may be reunited and healed, and become holy through the grace of God. We pray to the Lord.
- That husbands and wives may treat each other with mutual respect and love, bearing with one another in times of stress and always seeking forgiveness, as the Lord has forgiven us. We pray to the Lord.
- That children may grow in faith in holy families that seek the will of God for all its members. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher, the head of the family of St. Isabel parish, may have his authority restored so that members may grow in wisdom and age and favor before God as a community of faith. We pray to the Lord.
- That the members of our families who are ill may be given respect, encouragement, and care as signs of God’s love and concern. We pray to the Lord.
- That the departed members of our family may be remembered for the elements of God’s goodness that they showed to us and may find eternal joy. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
God, our Father, as we celebrate this Feast of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, we thank you for our own families and their many structures. We ask for your help to make us holy members of the family that expresses faith in your Son as we offer our prayers to you through him, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
1 thought on “Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, December 30, 2018”
What a year this has been! Wouldn’t it be much better and nicer if people were an example of those saints we learned about when we were children? My personal favorite was ST Joseph! He did what he was called on to do and he acted …he listened and trusted…and he did what was right.
“if we walk in the light then we will have fellowship with Him and with our brothers…
we will have truth…..
He alone can cleanse us from our own sins so that we can (ALL) walk in the light”
(these words are in the readings this weekend)
It has been a difficult year in our church……….
we look for leaders who will preach again and live once more so we can find the light and walk in it
–give us the truth of the message Jesus gave us…
Our prayer has been that Fr Senk be returned by the Bishop of Venice FL to his duties of a priest forever……our prayer has not been answered as we ask —-yet—
but we will keep on asking! More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of….
what can we do to make sure that Father is treated with justice??????? Pray for a messenger of hope and wisdom to help us know how to make a difference in our troubled church and times. What can we do to make a good difference?
please pray for the little boy from Yemeni -age two – whose mother was not able to go visit him before he died today! For all immigrants who suffer injustice and lack of brother hood ..
we Catholics need courage to speak on behalf of voiceless people everywhere…
Pray for that courage! Do what is right !
A new year brings new resolve to do what is right!
I pray for guidance of whoever might have an idea on how to help those who need our voices and our help. Walk in the light!
we will ask forever for our needs and the needs of others!!
Our hearts are sad that people must suffer injustices……it isnt necessary—… and so we pray for them all!
sincerely- mary jo