The Epiphany of the Lord, January 06, 2019
Today we celebrate the manifestation of the child Jesus to the whole world as its savior. We bring to him the gift of ourselves, our faith, and our love as we join in prayer asking that he will answer our needs.
- That the Church may be a bright star and guiding light that draws all people to find Jesus. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders may experience an epiphany such that the darkness that covers the earth and the thick clouds that cover the peoples may be overwhelmed so that nations may walk by the light of the Lord and kings by his radiance. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may be like the Magi, finding the Lord among the flashes of light in our lives that we may be overjoyed by knowledge of his presence with us. We pray to the Lord.
- That families who live in parts of the world that endure religious persecution may be united with the Holy Family in receiving help and protection from those who encounter them. We pray to the Lord.
- That infants throughout the world may be seen to be special gifts from God who are loved, cherished, and protected from all harm. We pray to the Lord.
- That Mary may keep us united and persevering as on the day of Pentecost, so that the Spirit will be poured forth into our hearts and help us in every time and place to bear witness to the resurrection.1 We pray to the Lord.
- That the U.S. Catholic bishops gathered in retreat may be graced with an epiphany that they may see the wisdom in Pope Francis’ call to change their ways of praying, of handling power and money, of exercising authority, and of relating to one another and to the world. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher, may be vindicated by his bishop’s response to Pope Francis’ call to find a paternal way to protect those in their care from losing hope and feeling spiritually abandoned.1 We pray to the Lord.
- That the members of our families and our friends who are ill may search for Jesus in their struggles and join with the Magi in being overjoyed in finding him. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died may be with Jesus and His mother Mary glorifying and praising God for all eternity. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
Today Jesus is revealed as the light of all peoples. May that light shine on each of us as we offer our prayers to the Father through him, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
 Letter of the Holy Father Pope Francis to the Bishops of the United States of America, Jan 03, 2019.