1st Sunday of Lent, March 10, 2019
As did Jesus, we struggle with the evils we encounter in the deserts of our lives; and so, we offer our prayers and petitions that we might keep the Lord foremost in our hearts.
- That the Church may overcome the evils of abuse, clericalism, and dishonesty, as we strive to be people who recognize and repudiate all forms of institutional corruption. We pray to the Lord.
- That as Pope Francis enters the seventh year of his papacy this week, he will be strengthened by grace to overcome the evils and divisions that plague the Church. We pray to the Lord.
- That the poor throughout the world may unite their hunger with that of Jesus in the desert and find relief through the charitable works of people of good will. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of Venezuela may overcome the tumult they are facing in their lives and find a peaceful route to recovery from their sufferings. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of Alabama who were killed by the tornado and their families, and all whose lives are shattered by natural disasters, may find peace and a path to recovery through the generosity of their neighbors near and far. We pray to the Lord.
- That we will remain on guard knowing that even when we successfully resist the temptations of the devil, he will depart from us only for a time. We pray to the Lord.
- That St. Isabel will intercede on behalf of her parish that it may recover from its present divisions and resist the forces of evil intent on destroying it. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may join his suffering during his time in the desert with Jesus who remained firm in worshiping the Lord and serving him alone. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may not succumb to the evil of disease but will know that Jesus is with them to support them against the test it provides. We pray to the Lord.
- That our deceased family members, friends, and parishioners who have completed their journeys through the lush gardens and deserts of life will be welcomed with joy in heaven where they are forever free from the temptations of the devil. We pray to the Lord
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, we begin this Lenten season troubled and often discouraged by the evils that we encounter. May these forty days be for us a time of prayer when we come to understand better that we do not live on bread alone, when our commitment to worship God alone is renewed, and when our prayers and petitions are offered in faith, not putting God to the test. We offer our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.
1 thought on “1st Sunday of Lent, March 10, 2019”
OUR PRAYERS FOR ALL THOSE PETITIONS CONTINUE!
GOD BLESS ALL WHO SUFFER INJUSTICE BUT ESPECIALLY FR. SENK!
SOMETIMES WE ARE ASKED TO BEAR AND SHARE IN HIS SUFFERINGS ON THIS EARTH— AND SOMEHOW THEY REMIND US AND CONNECT US TO THE SUFFERINGS OF JESUS —
LENT IS A GOOD TIME TO GO TO OUR OWN DESERT AND PRAY FOR ALL WHO SUFFER! GOD BE WITH THOSE WHO SUFFER ! WE ARE THERE WITH YOU IN POUR PRAYERS!