Third Sunday of Lent, March 24, 2019
We offer our prayers to the Lord, not as people who grumble, but as people confident that the Lord is kind and merciful in answering all our needs.
- That Pope Francis may be guided by the Spirit as he travels to Morocco this week so that his trip will bring increased understanding, tolerance, and peace between Christians and Moslems. We pray to the Lord.
- For peace in this world, that war, terrorism, and hatred may be replaced by compassion, understanding, and harmony. We pray to the Lord.
- That the people of Christchurch and Utrecht, and all places impacted by senseless violence, will overcome what occurred in their cities this week and emerge with renewed determination to protect all human life. We pray to the Lord.
- That our Lenten devotions will draw us closer to God so that we might better know his will for us without the need for a burning bush of enlightenment. We pray to the Lord.
- That as the gardener intervened on behalf of the unproductive fig tree, we may ask the Lord patiently to be with us and our community as we strive to produce the fruits of our faith. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may not be deaf to the Lenten call of repentance to each one of us so that we may honestly assess our lives and humbly repent of our sins. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may be blessed with good health and the grace of hope as he continues to endure the stress of injustice. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are enduring illness may be sustained in their fight and remain people of hope through prayers, compassionate care, and the knowledge of God with them. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who suffered violent deaths this past week and all who have passed on to the next life may be received with joy into the company of the saints in heaven. We pray to the Lord
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
As we move further into this Lenten season, we are always mindful of your kindness and mercy to us who are in need of forgiveness. We ask that we may repent of our weaknesses with the help of your grace which sustains us and gives us life. We offer our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.
1 thought on “Third Sunday of Lent, March 24, 2019”
My prayers for Pope Francis as he faces so many disturbing crisis in our church do continue————
our prayers for all of these petitions will continue also.
For Father Christopher– may the elders of our chrich end this nightmare for him and give him nb back his rightful place in the priesthood that he loves and that we need him to be returned to—
for those who suffer from injustice or sickness and do not have have others to help them through the dark days they suffer–er sdl the Lord to send people top accompany them at these times!
God bless our church and make it the church that Jesus intended so as to bring glory to God who created it and created each o us!
We give thanks when good things do happen to those we care about! and those we do not even know!
We pray for peace for every child and every person–