Easter Sunday, April 21, 2019
On this Easter Day, we put aside our sorrows knowing that all evil and pain can be overcome just as the Resurrection overcame even death. We offer our prayers and petitions with hope and joy.
- That the Church will be an inviting presence in the world for those who suffer and for those who seek guidance for their lives, that all may come to know Jesus and the message of the Gospels. We pray to the Lord.
- That peace may be present throughout our world such that wars will end, refugees will find safety, the poor will be free of hunger, leaders will avoid corruption, and a spirit of respect will be the hallmark of human interactions. We pray to the Lord.
- That the newly baptized and all Catholics will find welcoming communities that foster a growth in faith and of commitment to living the Gospel. We pray to the Lord.
- That the fire at Notre Dame cathedral will be recognized as a tragedy that gives light to the faith of those who sacrificed for its construction and will cause people to marvel at faith expressed in such structures. We pray to the Lord.
- That the bishops may see their failure to eliminate all forms of abuse as a tragedy more serious than the destruction of a monument in that it causes people to doubt their own faith and to turn away from Jesus. We pray to the Lord.
- That those Christians around the world who suffer from persecution and are not free to celebrate Easter openly may be given courage, grace, and trust that the Risen Lord overcomes all evil. We pray to the Lord.
- As he approaches the sixteenth anniversary of his arrival at St. Isabel, may Fr. Christopher be renewed in his determination and see in Easter the message that he will find redemption by persisting along the path of truth. We pray to the Lord.
- That the sick in need of healing and the distressed in need of peace will be ministered to with love and encouragement and will rejoice in the Resurrection. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died will be welcomed into the eternal life of heaven where they will suffer no longer from the scourges of evil. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, on this Easter Day may heaven and earth rejoice, for the rising of Jesus from the dead makes us alive with faith, hope, and charity. We make our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.