Third Sunday of Easter, May 05, 2019
As the disciples met the Risen Lord on the shore of the Sea of Tiberias, we meet him in this Eucharistic celebration. Let us offer our prayers to the Lord for our needs, even as we respond to Jesus’ call to follow him.
- That the Church will bring the light that is Christ to all parts of the world where people toil in darkness and frustration. We pray to the Lord.
- That civil leaders will act with determination to put an end to religious persecution, school violence, and all forms of terrorism so that a new day may dawn where all may labor according to God’s will. We pray to the Lord.
- That on his travels to Bulgaria and Macedonia, Pope Francis may find a warm welcome for the message of faith that he brings. We pray to the Lord.
- That the Church in Africa may be a sign of hope for the continent and the seed of unity among peoples beset by ethnic, linguistic, and tribal divisions. We pray to the Lord.
- That the bishops of the Church will join with St. Peter each day following the Lord and showing their love for him by feeding his sheep. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who labor for the well-being of St. Isabel parish will not work in darkness but will have their words and actions illuminated by the Lord who provides guidance that his will be done. We pray to the Lord.
- That during this month of May, we will particularly ask Mary to intercede on our behalf that we may do the Lord’s will and seek the direction of her son in our lives. We pray to the Lord.
- That we may have the vision of St. John, the disciple whom Jesus loved, to see the Lord in all the activities of our lives. We pray to the Lord.
- That Father Christopher may be given the physical, emotional, and spiritual strength to continue the fight for his ministry; and that he may be healed from all his infirmities. We pray to the Lord.
- That those in our community who are sick and in need of the Lord’s healing may not suffer in darkness but may see the Lord in the light of dawn offering his strength. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died will enter into the everlasting dawn of heaven where Christ’s light shines in glory. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
Heavenly Father, we are called forth to be fed by the Bread of Heaven who is your Son Jesus. May we receive that food such that it nourishes our minds and hearts with the wisdom of the Holy Spirit. May the prayers that we offer be the fruit of that wisdom for we make them through Christ our Lord. Amen.