Fourth Sunday of Easter, May 12, 2019
We offer our prayers to the Lord knowing that in response, the Good Shepherd will lead us to everlasting life.
- That the Church will be the voice of the Good Shepherd in the world calling all people to follow the Lord. We pray to the Lord.
- That world leaders may unite their voices with that of the Good Shepherd calling their people to lives of charity, kindness, consideration, generosity, and peace. We pray to the Lord.
- That the bishops of the Church may be renewed such that they will become good shepherds to all the clergy and laity for whom they are responsible. We pray to the Lord.
- That the Church will reform its seminaries to draw young men to accept genuine vocations to the priesthood and form them to be effective and humble servants of the Lord. We pray to the Lord.
- That young women will be drawn to the religious life as people who see the Lord first and announce the good news of the Resurrection. We pray to the Lord.
- That all Catholic people will prayerfully consider the place of God in their lives and respond in faith to his call to their vocation. We pray to the Lord.
- For Kendrick Castillo, who died in the Colorado school shooting this past week, and for all people who work against violence so that others may live, that their efforts and selfless ness may not be in vain. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who labor and those who study will find joy in their efforts and see in their actions opportunities to better know the Lord and share him with the world. We pray to the Lord.
- That during this month of May, Mary may be especially close to Father Christopher and help him discern how the Lord wants him to live his vocation. We pray to the Lord.
- In thanksgiving for our mothers, grandmothers, and all mothers whose unselfish example and gentle urgings give voice to the Good Shepherd. We pray to the Lord.
- That the sick in our community will hear the voice of the Good Shepherd calling them to follow him with confidence that they are in his loving care. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died will receive the reward of following the Good Shepherd into eternal life where they will never perish and never be taken from God’s hand. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
Heavenly Father, we are the sheep of your flock. We offer our prayers to you confident in your love for us and that you hear and answer these prayers as our Good Shepherd. May we always live in response to your voice in our lives. We make these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.