Fifth Sunday of Easter, May 19, 2019
Jesus tells us to love one another. In the spirit of that love, we offer our prayers for the Church and for the world.
- That the Church will demonstrate its Christianity by its response to Jesus call to love as he has loved. We pray to the Lord.
- That political leaders will see their roles not as positions of power but as opportunities and responsibilities to serve all people with love. We pray to the Lord.
- That the poor, the homeless, and the outcast will be aided in escaping their misery by people who demonstrate the love of Jesus. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who participate in terrorist acts and brutality will become responsive to the call of Jesus to love one another. We pray to the Lord.
- That God will wipe every tear from our eyes such that there will be no more death or mourning, wailing or pain. We pray to the Lord.
- That we will strive to better imitate the selfless love of Mary for her Son within our own families and communities. We pray to the Lord.
- That Jesus’ command to love one another may be lived by all bishops in their interactions with their priests, deacons, and all people. We pray to the Lord.
- That Fr. Christopher may be rewarded for his efforts to show the love of God to all people as he endures some of the many hardships promised by St. Paul. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who are ill may may be treated with care, dignity, and love and know that God dwells with them in their suffering. We pray to the Lord.
- That those who have died will be remembered with our love and prayers, and may rejoice forever with the angels and saints in heaven. We pray to the Lord.
- For our own intentions that we recall in silence…….. We pray to the Lord.
O God, you call us to lives of faith notable for the love that we demonstrate for one another. May we receive the grace we need to be Christian people who praise your name forever on this earth. We make these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.